2011 Halifax Seaport Beerfest
Enjoyed a tasting session at the 5th seaport beerfest along the Halifax waterfront. Garrison Brewery helped organize a great event with the Halifax Seaport Market nearby. Close to 200 beers & ciders were available over 3 2.5 hour blocks from friday night , saturday afternoon & saturday night.
Luckily, Premiere Wines, located in downtown Halifax gave me a ticket for Friday night, and that gave me more than ample time to check out Maine & Quebec brewers.
Saturday was spent focusing mostly on Ontario brewers. Taste of Nova Scotia had a few tents selling food, including scanways. Lots of IPA beers were around, along with stouts. It was interesting to focus on try as many IPA – you really see now how everyone is a bit different.
Our top beers are the following:
- Corne de Brume A L’abri de la Tempete Quebec
- Pale Ale AMB-Maitre Brasseur Quebec
- Hawaiian Style Pale Ale Spearhead Brewing Ontario
- Stowaway I.P.A. Baxter Brewing Maine
Other mentions are:
- Tintamarre Acadie-Broue Maritimes
- Hell Bay English Ale Hell Bay Brewing Maritimes
- Export Ale Shipyard Brewery Maine
- IPA Kennebec River Brewing Maine
- Vache Folle imperial Milk Stout Microbrasserie Charlevoix Quebec