Since 2006, I dabbled in the geotourism scene via a non-profit organization that I founded to take advantage of the growing use of technology within the outdoors. I focused heavily on partnerships with Provincial & National Parks by creating a number of geocaching (geotourism) programs across Canada which have been emulated and adapted by other groups.
My background in community development, content creation, training & managing projects allows me to provide to partners experience and professionalism.
After seven years- my interests evolved towards general outdoor recreation. Avoiding Chores Publishing was created in 2012 and is a registered small business in Nova Scotia as a content development & delivery operation. This means, web, video, eBooks, smartphone apps.
But it’s not all serious, I regularly create niche/local content and podcast. I’m currently focusing my efforts in providing high quality, short video content on Garmin products for outdoors & running. This has been a niche that comes naturally to me and judging from the video views over the years, a lot of people need a little help with their GPS devices after purchase.
Skills I Bring to The Table
- Social Media “influencer” toolkit
- Audio/Video Production & Editing
- iOS applications process & eBook Authoring (iBooks, ePub)
- Project Management
- Background in IT, Training, Community & Recreational Program Development
The Numbers in 2016
YouTube Views in 2016
Website Year over Year growth was 88% and YouTube growth was 40% as compared to 2015.
Who I’ve Worked With
Advertise With Avoiding Chores
Want to work with Jim via contest, product giveaway or sponsored posts (product review), then shoot us an email and let get talking.
We also have five (5) 300×300 Ad spots along our sidebar at the post level. This is your best visibility due to the high number of search traffic the site receives to specific posts.
Podcast Ad Terms
- Standard script appearing once during podcast.
- Business name is mentioned at beginning of podcast.
- Business name & URL appears in show notes.
- 100$ for 4 months worth of episodes.
Banner Ad Terms
- 300×300 pixel image (artwork provided by advertiser)
- 125$ for six (6) months. That’s $5.00 CPM for 25,000 pageviews.
- Ad position are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- No animated ads
- Payment in full for 6 months at the beginning at the campaign. Payment delivery either via paypal, EFT or cheque
- Jim reserve the right to refuse or terminate any advertisement for any reason at his sole discretion
- All rates, polices and other information contained on this page are subject to change without notice