In this video, we will go through the steps of upgrading from the inReach to inReach SE.
The first step when getting a new inReach SE device is to charge it via the provided USB cable. It may take up to 90 min to charge the device.
Once charged, you can turn on the device, a initialization wizard should pop up and guide you through the steps. We need the IMEI and auth code since the next step is on the delorme website.
For Canadian Users, you can start the entire process, check out service plans pricing by going to http://www.inreachcanada.com/
At the website, you will either create a new account or login to your existing account and add or switch plans to the new device.
Here we assume you have an existing plan and want to switch the plan to the new inReach SE device. Since we are in Canada, we are prompted to contact customer service to do the switch which should take no more than 10 min. Once done on the phone, take the inReach outside to complete the setup.
You will know when you are good to go when the device is ready and you have the a test message from delorme.com.
You can send up to 5 test messages per month.
Here we will click on GET STARTED to create a new account. The next screen we can enter basic information and user account info. The next screen displays a message that since we are activating this device in Canada, we are going to be activated by an authorized reseller, click on GO.
- The next screen is where you enter your basic information and account login & password. click NEXT.
- The next screen will require you to enter emergency information. You can’t skip this part so have your contacts ready. Click NEXT.
- The next screen will be to select the service plan. Click NEXT.
- The next screen will be the billing page where you can enter your credit card information and billing address. Click NEXT.
- The review screen confirms the information you entered. Now by clicking NEXT we will be activating the device and you should receive an email.
The final screens are quick instructions how to compliment your inReach such as using a smartphone, sending a test message etc. At this point your are ready to complete the activation process by letting your device have a clear view of the sky. This might take up to 20 minutes. You will see a success screen once done.
From here, you can review the welcome & test messages in your inbox and maybe adjust some settings such as time format and units.