Announced during CES this week, Garmin will be releasing later this month two additional models to the Tread lineup focused on side by side and over landing.
These new models will feature the same features found in the Base Edition with the following features not found on the Base Edition:
- InReach Built in (cannot pair to other devices such as inRead mini) – subscription required for inReach functions
- 1.5 inch ball adapter with AMPS plate
- 10 Hz multi-GNSS positioning
- Preloaded private land parcels greater than 4 acres
- Preloaded USFS roads & trails
- Not compatible with the BC 40 wireless camera
- Motorcycle features (Glove friendly touch screen)
- RV Features for route planning
- group radio built in (SxS edition)
The Tread smartphone app gets a big updates (available as of January 5 2022). You now have the following new features:
- Have same Map layers as on the Tread device
- Route planning this will sync to your device
- Group ride mobile (use cell signal to track other Tread users on the Tread app)
GPSCITY.ca has the units being available on January 31, 2022. Usually we see a slight delay of a few weeks or a month.
Accessories for these new devices include a new group radio kit for the Overland edition, Garmin Powerswitch and external inReach & GPS antenna.
The price will not be cheap as the units will start at $1699.99 and $1949.99 CAD
You can check out the functions across all models in the Tread series here in our how-to section