Garmin Training Plans
Fill Up Your Forerunner With Scheduled Workouts
In this video, I’ll show you the steps to create a 5k Intermediate training plan with Heart Rate using Garmin Connect.
This is a good way to schedule your runs and letting your Forerunner tell you what’s on the calendar. Garmin Training Plans have a number of programs available.
As of January 2013, 5k, half & full marathon programs were available at different level and you have the option to choose Heart Rate Training or not.
The video will show you the step to add a training plan to your calendar and schedule the workouts to your forerunner. We’ll use the Forerunner 610 as the target device.
- Log into Garmin Connect (http://connect.garmin.com)
- From the top menu select PLAN | TRAINING PLANS
- Click the button to create the training plan
- Select the training plan you want, you can filter by using the controls on the left.
- Open up the program you want to add to your calendar, and select a START DATE
- Click ADD TO CALENDAR
- From the top menu select PLAN | CALENDAR
- Click on the button SEND TO DEVICE
Before sending the plan to your device, check to see if you will have room if you already have a number of workouts already created. It will overwrite any. Also note that you can’t edit these workouts.
Check the playlist for more related to Training Plans and Heart Rate training