In this video, I’ll show you how you can export a track saved in Gaia GPS and import it to Garmin Connect or Garmin Explore. Here I’m using iOS so this will work on iPhone and IPad, but will also work in Android and on your desktop. Here I’ve recorded a hike using the Gaia GPS Apple Watch app and have it saved in Gaia GPS along with a few photos.
During this hike, I couldn’t use my Garmin device (batteries were dead) but I want to add this hike into my Garmin Connect history or Garmin Explore library for future use. From Gaia GPS, I should be take to export the track as a GPX file and then import it to either Garmin Connect or Garmin Explore.
Step By Step
- Go to your SAVED section in Gaia GPS and select a track, route or waypoint you want to export. Click on MORE and EXPORT, select GPX.
- (Garmin Connect) SAVE your GPX as a FILE.
- (Garmin Explore) If you have Garmin Explore app installed on your device, you should see the EXPLORE ICON in the share pop-up window and SELECT.
- (Garmin Connect) log into Garmin Connect via the desktop and click on the Import Data icon
- (Garmin Explore) the GPX file will be automatically imported into the Garmin Explore Library as a new collection, ready to be sync to a Garmin Device.
- (Garmin Connect) BROWSE and upload the GPX file you just saved and upload.
- (Garmin Connect) Once the GPX file has been imported, edit the activity and upload photos as needed.
More Gaia GPS Tutorials Here
Check out my playlist on other topics related to Gaia GPS and Garmin Devices.