Time to update my EDC for the winter and I need your comments to see what I’m missing and what not.
Quick Access & Simplicity
What I wanted to accomplish with this seasonal Every Day Carry is to have something that was:
- Quick access
- Bare essential items
- Have room for items that might be needed based on the outing.
My winter EDC is mostly to handle situations while out for 2 hours while walking the dog or just being outdoors. I plan to wear this EDC everyday.
- Ribz wear front loading pack
- personal first aid kit
- ka-bar becker necker
- whistle, compass/thermometer & LED light
- Delorme inReach (instead of a full blown GPS)
- ice trekkers ice cleats (put that inside the Ribz carry bag)
- cordage with nite-ize biners
- fire kit (cotton pads, fat wood and fire steel)
- reflective ribbon
- food (locally produce Crowbar)
I forgot a few things: bic lighter, hand warmers packs & doggy bags. Let me know what else I forgot in the comments.
Suggestions From YouTube
A number of comments flowed in via the youtube video, here are some that were consistent:
- Old CD for singaling
- Orange garbage bag
- Emergency space blanket
- First Aid kit for Dog
- Food for Dog
- Folding Saw / Multitool
- Extra batteries