Tried out a multi-fuel stove from MSR.
This is one of their extreme condition stove. White Gas, Kerosene & Diesel are the recommended fuels.
I tried with the same fuel for alcohol stove and it didn’t work out at all. Stick with the recommended fuels. This thing makes a lot of noise, but once you get it going, it produces a lot of heat. With experience you can boil water in no time.For this test, I didn’t use the wind screen as much as I should, so my boil time is probably longer than for most.
Overall I likes this stove, heavy duty construction, will fit a 10cm zebra pot or a 12 inch cast iron skillet. It’s pretty noisy, more like a jet engine. I don’t have a lot of experience with these types of stove, but it seems that you can use it and cook for 3-4 days no problem. in the back country in normal weather. I didn’t test this in the winter.
From the manufacturer website.
Package includes: Fuel pump, windscreen, heat reflector, small-parts kit, instructions, and stuff sack. (Fuel bottle not included.)
- Minimum Weight 13.2 oz / 374 g
- Packed Weight 1 lbs 1.2 oz / 489 g
- Burn time (white gas) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel 109 minutes
- Burn time (kerosene) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel 98 minutes
- Burn time (diesel) per 600ml / 20 oz. of fuel 170 minutes
- Boil time (white gas), 1 liter 3.5 minutes
- Boil time (kerosene), 1 liter 2.8 minutes
- Boil time (diesel), 1 liter 4.5 minutes
- Water boiled (white gas) per 100 ml of fuel 4.9 liters
- Water boiled (white gas) per 1 oz. of fuel 1.5 liters
- Water boiled (kerosene) per 100 ml of fuel 5.7 liters
- Water boiled (kerosene) per 1 oz. of fuel 1.7 liters
- Water boiled (diesel) per 100 ml of fuel 6.3 liters
- Water boiled (diesel) per 1 oz. of fuel 1.9 liters
- Country of Origin Made in Seattle, USA
0 responses to “MSR EGK EX Multi Fuel Stove”
Nice stove. Quite similar to my Primus Omnifuel which is as loud as a jet engine but guaranteed to melt rocks at 20 below! 😉