Sole Sisters Race 2012 Edition Recap
A recap of race day for the Sole Sisters 5k race, held on June 9 2012 in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
A recap of race day for the inaugural Sole Sisters 5k race, help on June 9 2012 in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
Short video of the day, where this inaugural race got underway with mostly rain all day. The skies opened up enough for the official march to the start line, but the worst of the rain would start right before the start, but quickly ended when most had crosses the 1km mark.
On top of water stations, you had hug station, chocolate station and more fun along the route.
A summary description from the race website: http://www.solesistersrace.com/womensrace/
Sole Sisters Women’s Race will celebrate the strength of female runners and the lifelong friendships developed on and off the running roads.
Race-kit includes exclusive designer Sole Sisters shirt, custom race-bib, ticket to Moxie’s after-party and surprises too! The Sole Sisters Women’s Race will have amazing prizes and will leave the participants feeling celebrated, pampered and indulged.
Males are encouraged to volunteer at the race in lots of fun capacities or cheer along the route and join us at the post-race party. This race is to celebrate women running but we still want our guys involved in helping and celebrating!
- created by women for women — our commitment to you
- gorgeous race shirts
- finishers medal has glitter and spins
- free workshops at race-kit pick-up
- no timing at this event — set your own pace
- route will have music, chocolate stop, hug station, water stop competition, spectators with signs and noisemakers
- atmosphere is upbeat, positive and exciting
- live DJ spinning music at the start/finish line
- amazing giveaways
- discounts at shops and $500 cash prize
- exclusive after-party at Moxies with free appetizers and a compimentary Sole-Sisters drink
The Sole Sisters route has wide streets, excellent pavement conditions and is relatively flat. This area was chosen because it offers lots of space for Sole Sisters to safely run together and plenty of sidewalks for spectators to cheer and support us!
Our male running partners are volunteering at the Sole Sisters water stations. Expect to receive a lot of support, hear music, see encouraging signs and enjoy the excitement along the Sole Sisters 5K route!