What We Are Drinking Tonight
- GARRISON BREWING – Klingon Beer is released in time for hal-con and Martello Stout is on shelves
- NORTH BREWING – Happy Belated Birthday to Josh, head brewer and founding partner!
- HELL BAY BREWING – Don’t froget to cehck out their RIPA and Honey Blonde.
- Tampered Halloween candy reported in Dartmouth
- Wind turbine noise not linked to health problems, Health Canada finds
- Tim Horton’s in Cheticamp to close
- SEA LEVEL BREWING – Crossing Muddy Waters Brown Ale is now available in cans & growlers
- PICAROONS – Winter Warmer is finally here
- LADIES BEER LEAGUE – Had their Board of Directors meeting on International Stout Day.
- Hal-Con this weekend, cosplay in Halifax
- Halifax is Roundabout crazy!
- CRTC to cable companies: no more forcing customers to give cancellation notice
- TRAIL SHOP – Check out their FB page for the Shop talk series on tuesdays
- INREACH CANADA – National Geographic chooses the inReach Explorer for gear of the year 2014
- Calgary thinks pedestrians should carry flags
- New ‘Star Wars’ movie title revealed
- Wayback Machine – 2010
0 responses to “#FridayNightHangout November 7 2014”
Hey gang, I’m onshore again tonight so I will get to enjoy a few beer with you guys tonight. My first selection is a “Hops & Robbers” Extra Delicious IPA from Double Trouble Brewery in Guelph, Ontario. It says it is a strong beer and it is 5.7 % ABV. I’ll let you know how it is a little later.
Welcome to the new panelists, always nice to see a few new faces. I missed the first three minutes so later I will watch the intros after the show tonight.
How loud are the turbines ? i’ve never been very close to them to hear them. Here in Newfoundland there are a few places that have them. In Renews there are a few and I have not heard of any complaints.
Solar power systems are very expensive right now but they should come down in price soon. My friend buys his solar panels from China much cheaper than in North America. He has his cabin totally powered by solar.
It is sad to see smaller communities struggle to survive. It is so common here in Newfoundland now.
My “Hops & Robbers” was really good. Nice hoppy flavour…but now it’s gone….on to a Hoegaarden…It is a great beer ! I would love to go to Iceland to do some diving….they have amazing places to dive.
Sci-fi on the Rock is held here every spring..it is always a good time.
I hope we get Picaroons Winter Warmer again this year…I enjoyed it so much last year…..The Quidi Vidi Winter Ale was excellent as well.
That is a good idea to get rid of the cancellation notice for cable companies.
Lori, I agree, you are better staying with the same company, I really wish I could convince the family to cut the cord.
Tonights show is very interesting and fun..keep it up gang !
Jim, set up a tripod and use a Canadian Tire rope hoist to lift the bag.
I am switching to my home brew Pale Ale now.
The only podcast I’ve ever listened to is Avoiding Chores Hangouts and I only stared that a few weeks ago…what is this technology stuff ?
Anytime I ‘ve been in Halifax, I noticed that drivers were much better at watching out for people walking. On the other hand, it if saves one life….it was worth it !
2010….Olympics…other than that Nothing really stands out to me.
AWESOME SHOW GANG ONE OF THE BEST IN A WHILE !