Join us live by grabbing a drink and go over some of the news items from the past week from Halifax Nova Scotia and beyond with the panel. This is an interactive #hangoutsonair where we take viewer comments via YouTube, google+, twitter and https://avoidingchores.com
- What we are drinking tonight
- TRAIL SHOP – Winter gear continues to come in, check out Tuesday talks on their FB
- INREACH CANADA – Remember that you can suspend the plans for the winter
- PICAROONS – Beer n Steing fundraiser October 30th
- The latest on the Nova Star ferry
- Nocturne Festival tomorrow
- HBO and CBS doing the Netflix
- No hurricane Gonzalo for Nova Scotia
- HELL BAY – Latest RIP(A) coming for a limited run.
- NORTH BREWING – Halifax Commons is sold out for the year. More beer aging in barrels.
- SEA LEVEL – Punkin Grinner pumpkin ale is available!
- GARRISON BREWING – Double Jack pumpkin ale is out
- No Ebola in Canada yet
- Canada post home delivery challenge
- Man with mouse in McDonalds coffee
- Sewing needles found in Potatoes from PEI
- Way back machine : 1997
0 responses to “#FridayNightHangout October 17 2014”
I’m at work tonight so I’m just having a glass of water. Wishing I could be trying out some of the new pumpkin beer that Nova Scotia is offering this fall. I do have a full keg of pumpkin beer at home for when I get there.
Re: Maine to Nova Scotia ferry. 26 million seems like quite a large investment for Nova Scotia. What is the return to Nova Scotia ? Jim, Buckley’s tastes awful but it does work.
The Nocturne festival sounds very interesting.
With all the streaming services available now I think that the regular tv channels are going to be endangered in a few years.
With the storm coming, the rigs will take some people off the floating rigs if needed. They can also disconnect from the wells. We on Hibernia can’t move or disconnect so we just make sure everything is secure out on the decks. Last January we had a winter storm with 15 metre waves and wind speeds of 196 KPH. It was wild.
I’m lucky with my mail, I still get home delivery. I would miss home delivery but would get used to it. My parents live in my downstairs apartment and they love the home delivery, It is great for them.
Re coffee mouse. Most of these “items” in food usually tend to be a hoax. You would think it may taste a little “off” too.
Is someone trying to sabotage a certain farm ? What sick person would do this type of thing ?
I enjoy the time machine segment. Hibernia produced first oil in November 1997……Great show again tonight gang, see you all next week.